Sunday 20 March 2011

TV 2 Live Breakfast Interview


On Monday 14th March 2011 the SPCA Selangor asked me to fill in for them on live Breakfast TV where there was to be a debate on the current state of animal welfare in Malaysia. So after a very early start I found myself having my nose powdered and sitting in the very impressive domed building that hosts the set of HOT (Hello on Two) produced by TV2.

The two hosts were Steven and Annie who are exactly how they seem on the screen , fun and friendly .

The set was in a large circular studio with a big domed roof and there were a number of other sets spread around the studio . The colour scheme was designed to wake up even the sleepiest of guests.

The hosts particularly Annie were very switched on and aware of the subject. I'm always amazed how professional presenters like Annie can switch topics so easily and still ask really relevant questions. The topic after the discussion on Animal Abuse was relationships and the guest speaker was an Austin Powers look alike Life Coach complete with white suit, a brightly coloured scarf around his neck and funky glasses. Yeah Baby !

The other guest was Dr Paul Jambunathan a consultant psychologist and lecturer. Also a fun guy and apparently well know for his wacky dress sense . Between a consultant Psychologist in a psychedelic jacket , a life coach dressed in a white suit and the vibrant primary colours of the set I could have been forgiven for thinking that I had been transported back to the 1960's !
I'm never very comfortable when cameras are around and certainly not someone who looks good from every angle (or ANY angle for that matter !) I definitely have a face for radio !

There is an American ventriloquist called Jeff Dunham whose act includes a puppet called 'Achmed the Dead Terrorist'. His catchphrase (along with a piercing stare) is " I kill you" . I guess if I decide to give up my day job I can always fill in for Achmed when he is on holiday. Check out Achmed and Jeff on YouTube and see what I mean.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha Glyn! "Silence!!!! I KILL YOU!!!!"

    Good job on the TV Interview. I'm sorry I missed it. I was at work. I like Paul J's radio therapy session on Lite FM on Wednesday mornings.

    ReplyDelete